Heartwood ALC is primarily supported through the tuition paid by its families. In determining our tuition process, we’ve focused on a few important ideas — trust, access, and responsibility.
The culture of an ALC is rooted in trust. We are committed to developing relationships of trust with students, among the facilitators, and certainly with our families.
Heartwood seeks to be available to people based on right fit, not income level, so we offer tuition fees on a sliding scale. By trusting families to be generous and reasonable we increase our accessibility.
As we grow, we try to balance accessibility with sustainability. We are always looking at our tuition process to make sure we’re being responsible to our current families and to the future health of the school.
Here’s how we determine the tuition each family pays:
- Slide the total family income* marker (above) around to see what our recommended tuition level is for various income levels. Currently, the minimum tuition recommendation is $3,570 and the maximum is $9,970. We ask families who are able to pay more than the full tuition to consider making a tax deductible donation to help us increase our accessibility. *total family income is all gross income sources including but not limited to: salary, child support, support from family members, trusts, etc.
- Consider the recommendation you get from the tuition tool and see if that can work for your family.
- Can you pay more? If so, consider offering more than the recommendation, or making a tax deductible donation.
- Can you afford it?
- Using the recommendation from the sliding scale above, propose a tuition rate that is realistic for you to be able to pay by clicking here to fill out our Tuition Worksheet.
- Our Finance Group reviews proposals to determine if the school has openings available at that level of payment.
- If your proposal is accepted, you’re all set to enroll.
- If your proposal was NOT accepted, you can make another proposal to qualify for openings at a higher payment level.
Heartwood ALC, Inc. admits students of any race, color, national origin and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admission policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.